Update day: 14-09-2023
Category: Administrative / Clerical / Assistant
Job type: Full-time
Air Belgium is a fresh thinking Belgian airline operating quality intercontinental flights at attractive fares to and from Belgium. Besides regular passenger flights, the airline offers air cargo, freighter, ACMI and on-demand charters services.
The company’s motto is: “Comfort, service and well-being without compromise.” As a result, the airline provides a clear and straightforward offer, transparent pricing and a friendly atmosphere.
Belgium is famous for its warm welcome, quality of life and fantastic produce, right in the heart of Europe. Air Belgium is proud to represent its nation in all its ‘Belgian-ness’, with a sense of pride that is tinged with modesty, self-deprecation and know-how. Open and quirky (but serious, nonetheless), the company always takes care of its passengers, which is why its team is made up entirely of seasoned professionals whose single goal is to offer a quite simply unforgettable travel in Belgian class.
Two new generation Airbus A330-900neo are joining Air Belgium’s fleet. These new aircraft are offering even greater flight experiences with the latest technologies on board and better environmental performances.
Purpose of the position
- To provide administrative and organizational support to the Director Corporate & Regulatory Affairs (reporting into the Company CEO) in the day-to-day management and handling of its tasks and responsibilities.
- To ensure all administrative processes are fulfilled and complied with in a timely manner, with quality and accuracy.
- To develop, maintain and implement the airport slots of the Company in accordance to the commercial flight program of Air Belgium.
- To provide good insight into the aviation industry (for the candidate) with the affinity to grow in the area of Aero-political Regulations and Affairs.
Main activities and responsibilities
- To help the department achieve its objectives by providing the necessary administrative operational support.
- Maintain current fruitful relationships with competent Authorities and other key players in order to continue being granted appropriate and necessary Traffic Rights and Clearances. When necessary and based on Manager guidance take part in the establishment and development of new contacts with new Authorities/stakeholders.
- Prepare appropriate filings (seasonal and non-seasonal), documentations and manage necessary updates to ensure Traffic Rights and Clearances are duly obtained and secured anytime.
- Follow up invoices for permits, navigational charges and all services charged and linked to traffic rights, overflights, slots. Handle Admin tasks including clear and up to date database.
- Update or develop relevant materials (manuals, presentations, invitations, memos, etc.) following the instructions of the Manager and following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence of the respective department (letters, co mail, email, etc.).
Perform any other general administrative tasks as required.
Slots related to EU and Non-EU operations
- Ensure Slots applications are applied and authorizations obtained in due time, according to IATA calendar and based on the airline’s flight schedule program.
- Communicate and coordinate with Traffic Rights and Scheduling/OCC on all Slots issues.
- Ensure adequate implementation and obtaining of slots for all alterations to the Seasonal scheduled flights program (new routes / destinations, charters, ad-hoc flights, holidays, peak seasons and any other types of change)
- Provide regular and as frequently as required reports to the Manager regarding any network slot and movements violations and any other slots issues and report it to the Management Team for necessary actions to be taken.
Any other duties that aim to the achievement of the department objectives within individual competences
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
- Capacity to remain very discreet and ascertain confidentiality while handling sensitive subject.
Requirements and qualifications
- Management Assistant qualification.
- Ability to prioritize and be proactive.
- Good knowledge of geography. Being familiar with Socio-political aspects is an asset.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, stress resistant.
- Proven experience and/or strong interest in airline operational environment.
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft office tools.
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (other EU language are advantages).
What we have to offer...
Next to a correct and modern compensation package - the ability to work in an airline environment where you can have impact and will be embedded in a team of aviation enthusiasts. Visit our website and find out more about Air Belgium’s unique positioning in the airline industry and what binds us as a team.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Genk, Limburg
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Hasselt, Limburg
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Roeselare, West Flanders
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Maaseik, Limburg
💸 €16 an hour⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Turnhout, Antwerp
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Brussels, Brussels Capital
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Antwerp
💸 €1.687 - €2.491 a month⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Genk, Limburg
⏰ 01-11-2023🌏 Schaerbeek, Brussels Capital