Update day: 31-10-2023
Industry: Government Administration
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentRequisition ID: 439
Department: Transit Services Dept.
Service: Transit Customer Syst & Planning Service
Employment Type: 1 Full-time Temporary Position (up to 24 months)
Work Hours: 35.00 /hours per week
Affiliation: ATU 1760
Salary Information: $60,018.14 - $85,132.32 annually (2021 rates of pay)
Location: Transit Service, 1500 St.Laurent
Job Category: Administrative Jobs
Application Close: 22/11/2021
Transit Information & Marketing is responsible for the delivery of transit customer information services and new customer information programs for wayfinding and consistency of the OC Transpo brand and messaging to improve the customer experience and transit services in the City of Ottawa.
Working in a high volume multi-modal transit environment, with strict production and operational deadlines, you are responsible for the development, analysis and maintenance of transit information systems, including the Next Stop Announcement System (NSAS) system, Smartcard EOD (Equipment Operating Data) and other audio and visual systems. You also: maintain transit data associated with these systems such as location identification, route identification and public announcements in stations and on vehicles in both official languages and ensure compliance with accessibility standards; and ensure accurate automated Smartcard fare charges, as incorrect fare charges could cause expensive and irreversible revenue losses.
Education And Experience
Completion of 2 year college diploma in GIS, Computer Systems Technology or a related computer systems/information programs field.
Minimum of 5 years of related experience working primarily with data maintenance, including experience with Microsoft Access, Oracle Database, SQL database or GIS technology including at least 2 years of experience working with public/client information systems in an operational environment such as transit.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENCES
- Knowledge of the OC Transpo public transit route networks, service, schedules and transit information systems
- Knowledge of GIS or transit map applications such as NSAS, Hastus or MapInfo
- Knowledge of transit industry data maintenance systems, such as Microsoft Access Databases and Excel, NSAS, Hastus, Trapeze, Luminator and Axion
- Understanding of specialized OC Transpo transit information applications such as NSAS, Smartcard, Hastus, 560 IVR and Oracle, SQL Server and Mapinfo
- Knowledge of Smartcard data technology
- Knowledge of audio programs such as Adobe Audition
- Knowledge of accessibility standards such as the AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities)
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
- Able to work independently, with minimum supervision, and collaboratively with all staff as part of a team
- Possess strong organizational skills and flexibility to deal effectively with multiple demands, conflicting priorities, pressures and deadlines
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Able to plan and manage a high volume of data changes, as they apply to various Transit Information systems
- Able to work with GIS data and maps
- Able to work with complex custom Transit software applications
- Possess computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a Windows environment, including use of intra/internet
- Possess effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to plan test cycles and design test procedures
- Possess a strong customer communication orientation
- Flexible and adaptable to deal with shifting priorities
- Able to think logically, concentrate and focus on detail
- Language Requirement: English oral, reading, writing
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre (email: HRServiceCentre@Ottawa.ca) at 613-580-2424, extension 47411 HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.
The City of Ottawa has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination by November 15, 2021 as a condition of employment.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 €2.500 - €3.800 a month⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Diegem, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant
💸 €30.000 - €50.000 a year⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Leuven, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 14-12-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant
💸 €2.700 a month⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Groot-Bijgaarden, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Diest, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 13-12-2023🌏 Flemish Brabant
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Leuven, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Aarschot, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Ternat, Flemish Brabant