Update day: 21-09-2023
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
For its ambitious GO4ZERO project in Obourg (Mons, Belgium), Holcim Belgium is looking for a:
CCS Project Manager
GO4ZERO Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Project is one of the multiple sub-projects out of the GO4ZERO Program developed by Holcim Belgium to sustain its cement operations while ultimately proposing net-zero clinker and ultra-low cements before the end of the decade.
It is a comprehensive development consisting of multiple steps: capturing CO2 emissions in the oxyfuel clinker production kiln system, cryogenic liquefaction and purification, on-shore pipeline transportation between Obourg site to sea harbor exit point, terminalling operations for liquefaction and sea vessels loading, marine transportation and permanent offshore CO2 storage.
Obourg ambitions to become the largest facility in Western Europe with a cost, environmental and climatic leadership with 1’400kt net-zero clinker and a new portfolio of highly circular, ultra-low carbon cements with low clinker factor. The new plant will act as lighthouse in terms of performance and technologies for the whole industry.
The CCS project in a nutshell:
- project CAPEX: >100M€
- Contacting value : >2B€
- Team during construction: estimated 10 FTEs in team / 200 contractors FTEs on site
Main purpose and mission:
The main mission of the position is to manage the implementation of the CCS part of the GO4ZERO project at the Obourg plant for all the relevant aspects, from steering the negotiation with partners of the value chain in close collaboration with Group corporate specialists, till recovering the grant payments, including the coordination of the construction (up to commissioning) works of own Holcim equipment and Air Liquide assets.
It means :
- Manage CCS project, including oxyfuel switch of clinker kiln and on site capture, as PMO including preparation and supervision of the project implementation with full responsibility for safety, budget and project implementation time. Setting project plans including deadlines and priorities, and working with GO4ZERO Program department leaders and project sponsors to define and develop the project.
- Complete the grant agreement from the Innovation Fund by timely completing the required Project Milestones and providing the European Commission with signed contracts, permits, documents, evidences indicated in the Grant Agreement. Coordination with communication officer to promote the project.
- Prepare the relevant documents to get the project phase internally approved, according to governance (Final Investment Decision / “RFA2”).
- Coordinate project management tasks of GO4ZERO CSS with partners in charge of the Carbon Value Chain to secure Capture till CO2 sequestration by end 2028 under the North Sea Seabed with balanced contractualization of each step
- Pilot the new assets implementation on Obourg site, in close collaboration with Air Liquide and other key contractors, including scope and specifications definition, tendering, contracting, execution and commissioning in order to reach performance tests in 2028, in line with 0 LTI ambition and approved budget, timeline and execution quality.
- Review the oxyfuel process conditions with specialists to guarantee concentration of CO2 in flue gases with limited consumption of O2 and optimized kiln conditions.
- Define and establish the Standard Operating Procedures allowing to operate safely and efficiently the new process equipment in order to reach operational and economical KPIs of all the components of the value chain and especially those in Holcim premises.
- Identify critical tasks, lead time and resources / skills required for executing them and define a detailed project implementation planning to cope with fixed milestones.
- Establish a clear organization to complete the tasks in securing and efficiently onboarding the resources and skills in due time; ensure a smooth integration to the existing resources / skills already onboarded in the Gobal GO4ZERO Program PMO structure. Build a robust motivated and highly committed team that enables the implementation of ambitious project assumptions in the period of 4-5 years and beyond. Supervise the team work by defining and frequently reviewing global and individual goals.
- Actively participate to all negotiations with the Carbon Value Chain partners, in coordination with Group experts in order to achieve milestones while reducing financial and operational risk in the implementation of the different contracts.
- Support the operational team in the understanding of all contractual obligations and roles and responsibilities and provide guidance in fulfilling them.
- Lead the project with accountability for the respect of dedicated budget, milestones achievements, control of execution and safety and security standards during the project development and implementation. Ensure coordination and direct cooperation with all contractors involved in the project implementation.
- Secure the effective implementation of the different components of the CCS project, taking into account the required corporate management processes in the field of design, procurement, project implementation and safety standards
- Regularly report to the Program Director on CCS project development, highlighting risks and difficulties and proposing mitigation actions
- Deliver the mandatory costs and implementation progress reporting for the CSS project by providing robust analytics and status information; provide relevant information and documents in relation with CCS project development for the Program SteerCo Meetings
- Support GO4ZERO PMO team in all the procedures and documents preparation required to obtain permits and authorizations, including the participation to meetings with stakeholders.
- Actively take part to internal and external meetings and consortiums about CCS, adding value to project implementation. Build relationships with the local & global business decarbonization partners.
- Higher technical education, recommended in the field of engineering (mechanical or electrical).
- Demonstrated experience in managing large multi-million equipment and industrial (ideally gas) projects in various technical sectors, e.g. civil engineering, energy, control and measurement equipment, process control, static and rotating installations, piping / gas pipelines).
- Strong focus on timeliness and costs confirmed by the achievements of multiple projects with highly complex contractual framework.
- Managerial and analytical skills, business maturity, entrepreneurship.
- Effective leadership with ability to motivate and engage employees and to work in network.
- great care and pressure as well as effective enforcement of work safety standards.
- Experience and proven skills in elaborating and negotiating commercial contract with long-term engagement with very large spent.
- Ability to create and to maintain good relationship with suppliers / subcontractors despite possible contractual conflicts.
- Knowledge of the mechanisms and principles of operation of large corporate companies and / or small independent producers.
- Ability to read P&ID diagrams / process datasheet / equipment specification / gas industry standards, ideally with proven experience in the gas industry.
- knowledge of the targeted equipment and technologies in the chemical, energy, refining and cement sectors.
- Ideally, knowledge of the principles of implementing projects co-financed by European funding.
- Fluent knowledge of the English language (at least B2 / C1 recommended). Knowledge of French is appreciated.
Join Us in Shaping a Greener Tomorrow!
Ready to push your limits and redefine what iss possible? We are offering a unique opportunity tailored to your ambitious nature.
Join Our GO4ZERO Project:
Unleash Your Potential: We are a team that thrives on surpassing expectations. If you are driven by success and eager to make a mark, you are exactly who we are looking for.
Fuel Innovation: We are not just thinking outside the box – we are redesigning it. Bring your bold ideas to life and pioneer solutions that revolutionize the green landscape.
Sustainability at Heart: Beyond profits, our goal is a sustainable future. Your work will directly impact eco-friendly practices, amplifying your contribution to a greener world.
Global Collaboration: Connect with experts worldwide. Your skills will blend with diverse perspectives, creating a tapestry of brilliance that propels us forward.
Ready to Start?
Elevate your career, challenge your limits, and contribute to a brighter, sustainable future.
Step into a world of ambition and impact. Join us now!
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 21-10-2023🌏 Mouscron, Hainaut
⏰ 13-10-2023🌏 Charleroi, Hainaut
⏰ 11-10-2023🌏 Charleroi, Hainaut
⏰ 17-10-2023🌏 Mons, Hainaut
⏰ 18-10-2023🌏 Mons, Hainaut
⏰ 18-10-2023🌏 Ath, Hainaut
⏰ 11-10-2023🌏 Charleroi, Hainaut
⏰ 13-10-2023🌏 Mouscron, Hainaut
⏰ 23-10-2023🌏 Mouscron, Hainaut
⏰ 17-10-2023🌏 Mons, Hainaut