HR Business Partner
Location: Leuven Flemish Brabant
Category: Human Resources
Job type: Voltijds, Vaste Jobs
TOMRA Food is a member of the TOMRA Group that was founded on innovation in 1972 that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. The Group employs ~4,500 globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: TOM). For further information about TOMRA, please see www.tomra.com
We design and manufacture sensor-based sorting machines and integrated post-harvest solutions for the food industry, using the world’s most advanced grading, sorting, peeling, and analytical technology. Our mission is to enable our customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via smart and easy-to-use technologies. To achieve this, we operate centers of excellence, regional offices, and manufacturing locations within the United States, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
We are currently recruiting an experienced HR Business Partner to join our Global HQ offices in Leuven.
The purpose of the role is to provide true partnership, advice, support and facilitation to managers across a generalist spectrum of People & Organization. In doing this, Business Partners are generous with their time, curious and deeply involved in their portfolios and across the business. This role has dual responsibility for providing local operational support and global support with templates, policies/guidelines and frameworks to ensure alignment with other locations worldwide.
The People & Organisation teamwork in true partnership with the business to enable our people to attract, retain and engage talent.
Operational Support to the business
- Partner with managers to deliver a full range of operational and tactical people and operational support aligned with the overall business strategy and direction including:
-support the onboarding of new hires together with our recruiters
-Facilitate the resolution of people-related issues, requests and changes to terms and conditions and actions outcomes when delegated authority requirements are met
-Facilitate performance management, disciplinary and investigation processes, ensuring records are managed appropriately and provides support to managers throughout these processes
-Support managers with implementing and reviewing performance, training, and development plans
-Assist with exiting employee processes
-May lead exit interview and onboarding check-in meetings where appropriate.
- Provide general advice and support directly to employees on some P&O issues e.g. leave balances, interpretation of policies and general queries and actions requests where appropriate
- Work closely with business managers and other team members to continually analyse, prioritise and respond to the businesses people and capability needs to assist in the delivery of business outcomes
- Ensure People & Organisation systems, tools and frameworks accurately reflect business practice.
Actively facilitate and encourage managers to complete requirements for performance and remuneration review processes and ensure practices are adopted consistently throughout the business
- Act as an internal specialist in supporting some people-related projects or facilitating internal training
- Participate in business planning processes for relevant divisions or teams where required
- Carry out People & Organisation plans, strategies and initiatives under the guidance of manager
- Support managers to communicate, regulate and maintain the organisation’s culture, Code of Conduct and values
Health & Safety
Comply with all legal requirements and TOMRA standards to provide a safe workplace for all. Furthermore, take all practicable steps to ensure your own and others’ safety at work by ensuring that:
- your actions or inactions do not cause harm to themselves or any other person.
- follow all lawful safety instructions; and
- report all hazards and incidents in the workplace.
Organisation (This is a compulsory Section)
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Observe and comply with policies, procedures, and quality management systems
- Observe and comply with our code of conduct
- Positively and actively support effective communication, encourage, and provide constructive feedback
- Support the overall organisational vision, values and culture
- Assist others with the selection of approaches, methods and/or services as required
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- 5+ years’ HR experience in an operational Generalist or HRBP role or similar
- Experience in designing and delivering change and other people-related processes
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian employment legislation. Knowledge of other country employment laws (e.g. Germany, Netherlands, Ireland) is a strong asset.
- Foundational knowledge of & experience with Belgian payroll
- Degree in Human Resources, Law, Psychology or similar
- Native (or native-level) Dutch speaker with business fluent English. Knowledge of French is a strong asset.
- Strong demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence at different levels across the business
- Good time management skills, both in planning and ongoing adjustments
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and shifting deadlines
- Ability to be resilient and push-back when required
- Ability to write policies, guidelines and other internal communications
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from across the business.
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Naturally curious, opinionated, and not shy to share that opinion
- Have sound judgement and alignment to our P&O and wider TOMRA culture
- Naturally pragmatic to ensure you see challenges through to completion
- Hands-on person, with the ability to achieve the right outcome to the business in win-win scenarios
Interested? We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV at tss-jobs.be(at)tomra.com indicating ’HRBP’ in the subject line.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application. All inquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost discretion.
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes/CVS. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through LinkedIn (or any other online platform) or directly to HR, managers and staff members. TOMRA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent contract
- Day shift
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- Dutch (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 22-04-2023🌏 Vilvoorde, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 13-04-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 10-04-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant
💸 €7.330 - €9.672 per maand⏰ 17-04-2023🌏 Flemish Brabant
⏰ 21-04-2023🌏 Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 17-04-2023🌏 Leuven, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 23-04-2023🌏 Halle, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 18-04-2023🌏 Leuven, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Leuven, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 18-04-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant