Internship : AI/ML Engineers & Data Scientists/Analysts (Master, PhD, Post-Doc), Belgium - 2022/2023
Update day: 14-02-2024
Industry: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Job type: Full-time
Job contentExciting minds with our Internship Programme
Do you want to contribute to save lives by using your Artificial Intelligence & analytics skills? Then, join us in this ambitious endeavor!
Education required: You are regularly enrolled as a student in a Master or PhD degree(or higher) in Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer sciences or Technical Research & Development in a European Establishment
Language requirement:You are fluent in English
- Previous hands on experience in relevant fields is highly recommended shown by cutting edge research experience or internships in startups or top tier companies
- Good to strong coding aptitude is required in Python
Duration : Minimum 4 months (exceptional candidates will be considered for 3 months) – Possibility to spread this between internship & Master thesis
Requisite: The internship must be mandatory & done in the framework of the curriculum, for which an agreement must be signed between GSK, the student and the Educational Establishment.
Remuneration: according to Belgian legal requirements, the internship will not be paid. However, some expenses will be reimbursed.
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and we will close the position once we have enough matching candidates
What will you do?
On our internship program you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress.
We offer 2 different types of roles for which your core duties might include:
Data scientist/ Analyst
- Identify opportunities to apply the Machine Learning & statistical tools to build, test, and validate interpretative & predictive models
- Research, create & deploy your state-of-the-art solutions from multiparametric structured & unstructured data sets to impact our vaccines business
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts in biology, chemistry, medicine and commercial activities
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to audiences of various backgrounds
- For Analyst profiles, the emphasis will be on analyzing & dashboarding of the results
- Tech stack: Python, Azure, GIT, Scikit-learn, etc.
- Assist in AI/ML as a product including model development, evaluation, and deployment to support decision making in a self-service mode
- Data lifecycle management ingestion (Data pipeline), contextualization, feature engineering and operationalization and partner with data scientists to build and deliver digital solutions
- Investigate & implement state-of-the-art MLOps & DataOps techniques for CI/CD on Edge/Cloud solutions
- Produce robust & clean code ready for production use and ability to develop generic API
- Develop some front-end interfaces to foster business interaction with models and its monitoring
- Propose and implement architectured solutions that are scalable enough for increasing our efficiencies
- Tech stack: Python, Pytorch, R, AzureML, standard ETL tools, Shiny, GIT, Talend, etc.
- Time Series modeling
- Inventory understanding & optimization (Operation Research)
- Computer vision projects
- Cognitive automation
- AI software engineering
- Process modeling & data-driven ODE discovery
- Bio-process optimization
- Supply chain management
- Global Engineering
- Digital Twin platform
- Strengthening your scientific knowledge in vaccines and technical skills in artificial intelligence & data analytics
- Being part of the solution for worldwide vaccines-related health issues
- Delivering projects & products in an agile way of working
- Discovering an international and science-led environment
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
GSK Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Different departments within GSK are looking for interns with these profiles. Depending on your specific profile and on the proposed projects, you could be joining a team in any department.
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Nivelles, Walloon Brabant
⏰ 26-03-2024🌏 Louvain-la-Neuve, Walloon Brabant
⏰ 09-03-2024🌏 Wavre, Walloon Brabant
⏰ 15-03-2024🌏 Louvain-la-Neuve, Walloon Brabant, Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Wavre, Walloon Brabant
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Wavre, Walloon Brabant
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Louvain-la-Neuve, Walloon Brabant
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Nivelles, Walloon Brabant
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve, Walloon Brabant
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Wavre, Walloon Brabant