Job type: Full-time
Progress in robotics relies on the hardware and software working seamlessly together. By working on both, Pickit develops automation products that can scale, that are reliable and which customers love to use all around the world. The hardware building blocks of Pickit’s products are robot grippers, 3D cameras, sensor cables and industrial processors.
Your mission is to manage product manufacturing and to support product development in all aspects that require hardware selection and manufacturing. You will operate in a small team and will make your own hands dirty to solve problems and help your team members.
- Managing all aspects ofproduct manufacturing and the required quality standards:
- Implement, document and monitor the production operations and quality control actions to guarantee consistent and reliable product production.
- Evaluate, plan, and manage the inventory of our product(s) (components) to be able to guarantee competitive lead times for shipment of our products.
- Select, manage and negotiate with our suppliers to secure timely and reliable production and assembly of our products components.
- Supporting product development in continuous improvement tracks and in onboarding new products:
- Investigate RMAs and hardware related issues in the field to diagnose potential points of improvement for the existing products
- Define the production process and suppliers for new hardware products
- Support component selection and ordering of prototype components
Your work is done in our office and lab in Leuven. A few times a year, you will be travelling to Pickit customers to help them set up new hardware products and learn from this first-hand.
You will be working with a diverse set of stakeholders and have to be able to align expectations and to reach the targets defined together.
Who are you?
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in (electro-)mechanics
- Project management experience in product production and/or shipment (> 3 years)
- Good written and verbal skills in English
- Hands-on experience with processors, sensors, and electronics
- Knowledge of different production techniques
- You care about reliability and watch for the details and consistency
- Passionate about robotics and automation
- A ‘can-do’ mentality to implement processes and to follow up on the execution of these processes
- You are proactive and take ownership of your work
- Comfortable with joining in on a passionate technical discussion and love working in teams
- Above all: Fun to be around
It is a plus to have experienced successes and failures with bringing hardware products in dynamic and challenging environments.
What do we offer?
- A full-time employment contract, with 12 compensation holidays on top of the 20 legal holidays.
- A competitive salary completed with a package of extra-legal benefits fitted to your needs.
- A nice place in our offices in Heverlee next to Leuven. Leuven is located 20 km from Brussels from which you can travel to a lot of major European cities within less than an hour.
- But most of all … A fun, young and dynamic environment where we make it our mission to get the best out of every employee.
- Our FLOW-values guide us in doing so: Flexibility, Learning, Open communication, and Working together.
Interested to find out more?
Apply by sending your C.V. and short motivation letter firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Lead production engineer” in the subject of your email.
Please note that we will only start the selection after the Christmas holidays at the beginning of January.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 03-03-2023🌏 Leuven, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 20-02-2023🌏 Asse, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 21-02-2023🌏 Ternat, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 23-02-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 05-03-2023🌏 Vilvoorde, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 03-03-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 20-02-2023🌏 Asse, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 04-03-2023🌏 Asse, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 24-02-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant
⏰ 05-03-2023🌏 Zaventem, Flemish Brabant